Saturday, November 03, 2007

Comet Holmes

Ideas are Important

This together with the value of critique are the main themes of this blog ....

Last week a comet was born. This may or may not pose a threat to our planet. Someday, one will and we should be as ready as possible to face that challenge. This is not a scary tactic. This is just an Evolution tactic. Ideas should fight each other in the realm of our rationality. The winner should be the best we can come up with and not the ones Paul Ginsparg protects. Evolution should proceed at a fast clip...There is no time to waste.

I decided to use his name even though I know I might be given him too much credit. The acts that prevent the free discussion of ideas in Physics might be just the simple result of mindless automaton processes. Simple rules like avoid challenging the past or the big wigs or disregard people who cannot influence my grants might be enough to generate this complex behavior...:)

In any event, here are the pretty pictures of the Comet... Remember, there is one with your name on it somewhere out there...:)

A composite image shows Comet Holmes' movement over the last 48 hours on Saturday Oct. 27 2007 on the left and Monday Oct. 29 2007 on the right in the Northeastern night sky in the constellation Perseus, taken in Tyler, Texas. The comet surprised astronomers last week by becoming suddenly visible and now it's surrounding gas cloud continues increasing in brightness and size and is visible to the unaided eye. (AP Photo/Dr. Scott M. Lieberman)

By the way, since if you don't say it now you have to hold your peace forever, the Alien community agree that this is a good theory...:)

Please visit these two blog pages where I prove the existence of Aliens through pure logic...:) Aliens1 and Aliens2.

Cheers,

MP

PS- this weekend I ended up going to Central Park to see the New York Marathon and didn't blog the calculations. I hope to do that next weekend...

By the way, please make yourself heard by posting comments to the blog or if that is too complicated, please feel free to send email and I will post your comments if they are related to the science...:) I had people trying to sell phone services, etc in this site and I (even I) had to moderate it...

If the argument allows for me to clarify something, I normally create a blog page just for it... If the argument is simple minded, I normally reply as a comment to the original comment, not to distract people from the flow of ideas...

Cheers,

MP


No comments: